Brioche Class - 29 April and 6 May 2017
Stephen West has brought about a renaissance of brioche - in these two classes with the wonderful Sue Schreuder, learn all the tips and tricks of this special stitch.
Saturday 29 April and 6 May 2017
10.30am - 12pm
Holland Road Yarn Co,
Basement, Grand Arcade, 16 Willis Street
2 x 90 minute classes so you get a chance to practise in between without rushing.
- Introduction to brioche – including terms and chart symbols
- Yarn choices, needles and patterns.
- One colour brioche knitted flat
- The set up row
- How to manage the ends.
- Increases – left leaning and right leaning and centred
- Two colour Brioche
- Brioche purl
- How to knit 2 colour brioche flat
- when to slide and when to turn
- The Italian cast on
- Hints when knitting Brioche in the round
- Fixing mistakes
What you need
3.5 to 4 mm needles – 2 colour brioche needs a circular needle or long dpns
One light and one dark colour yarn – preferably around a dk or worsted weight wool (Use up some scraps if you have them.
Some locking stitch markers
Crochet hook to pick up dropped stitches
This class is for knitters who can cast on, knit, purl, yo, k2tog ssk.