Knitting Lace Class - 25 March and 1 April 2017
Fancy trying your hand at knitting lace, but would like some professional guidance? Join Sue for two sessions which will cover everything from the very basics through to blocking and adding beads.
Saturday 25 March and 1 April 2017
10.30am - 12pm
Holland Road Yarn Company,
Basement, Grand Arcade, 16 Willis Street
2 x 90 minute classes so you get the chance to practise in between classes and get to ask more questions. If you have a lace pattern that you are itching to try – then bring it along to the class
Topics that we will cover in this class are:
- Introduction to Lace
- How to choose a pattern
- Handy tools
- Why make a swatch?
- Cast ons and bind offs
- Common stitches used in making lace
- Garter Tab used in shawls
- How to read your lace knitting and how to fix a mistake
- How to read a lace chart (pro tip: this is easier than you might think)
- How to put in a life line
- How to add beads to your knitting
- How to block your lace to make it look stunning.
Sock weight wool and size 4mm knitting needles – needles of your choice
Stitch markers, A crochet hook to help if you drop a stitch.
Your standard knit kit – scissors etc.
This class is for knitters who have been knitting but want to take the next step into lace