Charity KAL - Beekeeper's quilt
The Hutt Knitter's group was pondering a way to get the chat back in our Ravelry thread recently, and one smart cookie suggested a KAL. Everyone is busy, though - so what to do? And then, on Wednesday night, we struck gold: A Beekeeper's Quilt.
Image from The Beekeeper's Quilt project on Ravelry
It has all the necessary parts: quick, easy, uses small amounts of yarn, and we can collaborate! Our favourite kind of project!
And because we love helping others out, it has quickly morphed into a fundraiser.
- Anyone that would like to be involved knits as few or as many hexipuffs as they like
- Hexipuffs can be knit at Holland Road with yarn provided
- Hexipuff(s) delivered to the shop (or posted)
- Tash/helpers stitch the quilt together hopefully we will get enough hexipuffs to make 2 quilts - one to auction off (maybe on trademe??) with the proceeds going to charity KidsCan
- the second quilt will be donated to Ronald McDonald House, Wellington to go on display in their new house
We'd love to see just how many hexipuffs we can get - let's go nuts!
Of course, being a KAL, there will be prizes! They are yet to be confirmed, but there will be something from the shop, something from Knitsch Yarns, and something from Tiny Owls Knits. Every single hexipuff you contribute will get you an entry into the prize draw.
You do need to buy the pattern - but each hexipuff only takes about 13m of 4ply yarn. We will have a basket of yarn you are welcome to use if needed, and we will likely host some special hexipuff, cake and tea knitting sessions in the shop.