Come work with us!
With Kate due to go on maternity leave in June, we are looking for someone to join our team!
Holland Road Yarn Co isn't just a shop, it's a place where we build a community of knitters and crafters. We really love our customers and bend over backwards to bring them the best possible yarn buying experience. We are a 21st century business who use all the technology at our disposal.
Our ideal colleague is:
- a true yarn-lover, a passionate knitter and well-versed in all things woolly
- can talk about knitting and projects until the cows come home
- knows Ravelry backwards and believes technology is essential to daily life
- can wrangle google docs and share inspiration in 140 characters
- crochet and /or spinning skills would be a bonus
- constantly looking to learn more about the craft
- comfortable with money handling and sales
- and, most importantly, have amazing people skills.
Our kaupapa is:
- We take care of the environment and work to be as low-waste as possible
- We are committed to being an inclusive and welcoming environment for Māori, Pasifika and people of colour, LGTBQI+, disabled, and those new to crafting
- We receive feedback with humility and always strive to improve
There is one position available, on a fixed term 6 month contract to cover maternity leave. There is potential for it to become permanent, depending on how 2019/2020 turns out for us. The role is sole charge, so we need someone who can take the initiative but isn't afraid to ask questions if unsure about something.
- Provide excellent customer service, both in-person and online.
- Pack and ship customer and wholesale orders
- Maintain a tidy and well-organised store
- Receive and process stock
- Knitting / crochet expertise
- Complete rolling stocktakes as required
- Schedule classes, liaise with teachers and students
- Responsibility for ordering from specific suppliers
- Enter accounts payable invoices in Xero